A fire at a nightclub in southern Brazil has killed at least 233 people, most of whom died of smoke inhalation, according to officials. The blaze was reportedly sparked by a pyrotechnic display inside the club.
At least 233 people were killed with at least 116 more injured by a fire in the Kiss nightclub early Sunday in the southern city of Santa Maria, Brazil, according to officials. Brazil has declared three days of national mourning.
Reports say the fire broke out early Sunday morning when the nightclub was hosting a university party featuring a rock band. The town is home to the Federal University of Santa Maria. Many of the victims are believed to have been students.
Send this to a friend